The Elk River Area Food Co-op is growing! We are looking to add two marketing interns to our team. This is a great position for high school seniors and college students who want to get involved in their community and gain tangible business skills along the way. This is an unpaid position.
Marketing Intern Responsibilities
- Assist current Marketing & Outreach Coordinator with social media development and website maintenance.
- Build co-op awareness and visibility within the community by distributing marketing materials.
- Educate the community about co-op efforts by attending co-op events and farmers market booth.
- Supporting the marketing team in daily administrative tasks.
We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing intern to join our team and help us achieve our goals. As a marketing intern, you will be assisting and collaborating with our current Marketing and Outreach Coordinator in order to help us build co-op awareness and visibility within the community. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our brand awareness.
This internship will help you acquire basic business and communication skills. Training is provided and you will be guided and directed along the way. No marketing or outreach experience necessary, though we do need outgoing, dedicated and hard working individuals.
- Attend community events: farmers markets, parades, etc.
- Help distribute marketing materials: community flyers, yard signs, etc.
- Communicate with co-op partners when necessary for donations, event organizing, etc.
- Help develop and maintain social media presence: Facebook, Instagram, MailChimp
- Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities: MailChimp Newsletter, Co-op Brochures, Community Flyer Designs
- Prepare promotional presentations
- Help organize marketing events
- Reliable transportation to/from events and to distribute marketing materials
- Willingness to work in a team
- Reliable means of communication: cell phone, e-mail
- Strong listening skills and ability to take direction from team lead
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic understanding of social media platforms: Instagram, Facebook, etc.
- 7-10/hours per week, unpaid
- Hours are flexible
If you are interested in the position, please fill out the form below. We will collect your information and connect with you with further questions and to set up an interview. If you have further questions please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.